The HeadRush pedalboard offers so many different combinations of amps, cabs, distortion, and effects that you may want to make a few backups for later. This guide will discuss how to connect the HeadRush to your computer to backup presets and other data.
Connecting and Transferring Presets
Note: While a driver is available for use on a Windows computer, this is only necessary when using the Pedalboard as an audio interface, and is not needed to simply transfer data.
- Connect the HeadRush Pedalboard directly to a USB port on your computer and power it on.
- Tap the Options button (the ... in the upper-right corner) and select Global Settings.
- While in the Global Settings screen, tap the Options button again and select USB Transfer. The HeadRush Pedalboard will begin connecting and appear as a mass-storage device called HeadRush.
Once connected, the HeadRush display will read USB Transfer at the top and there will be a large SYNC button. The HeadRush is now connected and you will not need to touch the display again until it is time to disconnect.
Windows users: If this is the first time you've connected to this computer, you may need to wait a minute while it installs class-compliant drivers.
- Inside the HeadRush drive, you'll find folders for Blocks, Impulse Responses, Rigs, and Setlists.
- To back up, simply create a backup folder(s) on your computer hard drive (your desktop, for example). Drag or copy files from the HeadRush drive into your backup folder(s).
- When you are ready to import files back onto the HeadRush, simply drag the files into the appropriate folder on the HeadRush drive. For example, to load a new Impulse Response, simply drag the WAV file into the Impulse Responses folder on the HeadRush Pedalboard. When loading any Block presets, be sure to put the preset in the appropriate Block folder. For a video walkthrough on importing files onto your HeadRush, see our video here.
- To disconnect the Pedalboard when you're finished, press the SYNC button on the Pedalboard display and the Pedalboard will begin analyzing and importing the files. Do not disconnect the pedalboard until it is finished with the sync process.
And that's it! Feel free to drag presets and IR files back and forth as needed.