Please Note: Before following the steps below, make sure you have the latest version of your Oxygen Pro firmware installed. This can be found in your account after registering your keyboard, or on the product page for your Oxygen Pro.
First, we want to assign your Oxygen Pro keyboard to function properly with FL Studio. Here's how:
1. Connect Oxygen Pro to your computer.
2. Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Oxygen Pro keyboard.
Note: On the Oxygen Pro Mini, and Oxygen Pro 25, press the Preset/DAW button when in DAW mode (button lit).
3. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “FL ST” and then press the Encoder to select it.
4. Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
5. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and the press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
6. Use the Encoder select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Note: This setting is not available on the Oxygen Pro Mini, so this step can be ignored.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for FL Studio.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
[Back to top]
1. Click Options and select MIDI Settings from the pulldown menu.
2. In the MIDI tab, under Input select Oxygen Pro ##.
3. In the Controller Type pull-down menu select “generic controller” and select “Enable”.
4. Then select MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##) This may be labeled as Mackie/HUI on a Mac.
5. In the Controller Type pull-down menu select “Mackie Control Universal” and select “Enable”.
6. With the MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##) (Mackie/HUI on a Mac) selected, change the “Port” to 0 using the “Port” pull menu.
7. In the Output section, select MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##) (Mackie/HUI on a Mac), and change the “Port” to 0 using the “Port” pull menu.
8. Click “X” in the top right corner.
9. The Transport, Channel Faders, Mute, Solo, Select, Panning, Encoder and Bank Controls should be controllable with the Oxygen Pro series keyboard while in DAW mode.
Creating an Instrument Track
1. In FL Studio, click the View Browser (folder icon).
2. Then in the Browser select Plugin database > Installed > Generators > VST.
3. Click and drag the VST plugin you would like to use to a Track.
4. The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Oxygen Pro series keyboard while in Preset mode.