The Marantz AVS is a unique, all-in-one broadcast tool that is designed for live-streaming, video calling and gaming applications. It is compact and simple, perfect on a desktop, and the lightweight design makes it portable enough to take on location. This article will answer some of the popular questions about the features and functionality of the Marantz Pro AVS.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included in the box?
- How do I connect the AVS to my computer?
- Is the AVS compatible with my operating system?
- Does the AVS require any driver installation?
- How do I power the AVS?
- What is the operating frame rate?
- What is the operating sample/bit rate of the microphone?
- Is there any way to adjust the brightness and color temperature of the light?
- What does the mix knob do?
- What type of microphone does the AVS have?
- How can I monitor the audio picked up by the microphone?
- What if I only want to use the camera or the microphone and not both?
- Why is the microphone light solid red?
- How do I adjust the level of the microphone?
- How do I focus the camera?
- What is H.264 compression and why is it built-in?
What's included in the box?
- Base (with Built-in Microphone)
- (3) Lighting Filters (Cool Diffuse, Warm Diffuse, Diffused Daylight)
- USB Type-C–to–Type-A Cable
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
How do I connect the AVS to my computer?
Using the included USB Type-C-to-Type-A cable, just simply connect the USB-C side to the turret, and the USB-A side to your computer.
Is the AVS compatible with my operating system?
The Marantz Pro AVS is class-compliant, making it compatible with virtually all current Windows and Mac operating systems without the need for additional drivers. For the best results, the Turret should be used with one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 10
- Mac OS X 10.6 - Mac OS 10.14
Does the AVS require any driver installation?
No, the driver is completely class-compliant. No additional drivers are necessary.
How do I power the AVS?
The AVS comes with a 12v, 1A power supply to provide power.
What is the operating frame rate?
The AVS camera can operate at frame rates of 30fps/1080p and 30fps/720p.
What is the operating sample/bit rate of the microphone?
The AVS microphone will operate at 16-bit, 48kHz.
Is there any way to adjust the brightness and color temperature of the light?
Of course! The left-most knob on the base of the AVS will adjust the brightness of the light. The AVS also includes 3 snap-on filters to customize the lighting: Diffused Daylight, Cool, and Warm.
What does the mix knob do?
The Mix knob on the front of the AVS controls what the listener will hear in the headphones.
- Turn the knob all the way to PC to hear audio playback from the computer. This may be best when editing audio for a video.
- Turn the knob all the way to Mic to hear the direct signal from the microphone before it is sent to the computer to be recorded. This is useful while recording a video with the AVS camera and microphone.
- Set the knob anywhere between PC and Mic to balance a mix of both the playback signal from the PC and the direct signal from the microphone. Use this for Skype or other video chat services.
What type of microphone does the AVS have?
The AVS contains a uni-directional boundary mic that will pick up any sound that is in front of it. If you are in the view of the camera, you are within audible range of the microphone.
How can I monitor the audio picked up by the microphone?
The Marantz Pro AVS has a headphone output that can be used to monitor the microphone input, or your computer output, depending on the position of the mix knob.
What if I only want to use the camera or the microphone and not both?
You do not need to use the video and the microphone simultaneously. Mute the microphone by pressing the button with the microphone icon, or mute the video by pressing the button with the eye icon. You can use the settings or preferences of your recording or video chat software to choose a different microphone or video device to use.
Why is the microphone light solid red?
A solid red light on the microphone button will indicate that the microphone has been muted. Press the microphone button on the base of the AVS to mute and unmute the microphone.
How do I adjust the level of the microphone?
The level of the microphone can be adjusted within your computer's audio setup.
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
- In the window that appears, click the Recording tab and choose Marantz AVS Audio as the default device.
- Click Properties and then click the Levels tab.
- Set the input level of the microphone.
Mac OS X
- Go to System Preferences > Sound.
- Click on the Input tab.
- Choose Marantz AVS Audio as your input device.
- Use the Input Volume control below to set the input level of the microphone.
Use the Mix Knob to adjust the level of the microphone output in the headphones.
How do I focus the camera?
The AVS has a fixed-focus lens that with an optimal focus at around 3 feet. Some focus settings can be adjusted within your video application.
What is H.264 compression and why is it built-in?
H.264 is a standard for video data compression that is capable of providing quality video at a substantially small bit rate, This means you get great audio/video quality that's easily transferable over USB with low-latency.