The Block Rocker Plus has everything you need to transform any get-together into a truly memorable occasion! With its powerful 8-inch 2-way speaker powered by a 100-watt dynamic amplifier, the sound is rich, vibrant and lifelike. This guide
will answer your popular questions about the features and functionality of the Block Rocker Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the box?
- What are the dimensions of the Block Rocker Plus?
- What is the water resistance rating on the Block Rocker Plus?
- How do I pair the Block Rocker Plus to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees Block Rocker Plus but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- I can't get my microphone to work. What's going on?
- I get feedback when I use the microphone. How can I prevent this?
- What is Easy Pairing and NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- Can I use the USB ports on Block Rocker Plus to play music off of a flash drive or hard drive?
- I'm using the microphone but can't hear myself over the music. How can I hear myself better?
- Where can I find further technical support?
What is included in the box?
The Block Rocker Plus comes included with the following:
- Block Rocker Plus speaker
- Microphone with cable
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Power/Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide and Safety and Warranty booklet
What are the dimensions of the Block Rocker Plus?
The Block Rocker Plus is 14.57” x 9.84” x 17.36” (WDH).
What is the water resistance rating on the Block Rocker Plus?
The Block Rocker Plus is IPX5 level water-resistant, which means it is ok to get a little wet. Technically speaking, an IPX5 rated device can withstand anything from light rain to splashing water, to even water jets (think super-soaker). Avoid any extended periods of wetness (i.e. leaving it out in the rain), powerful water jets, or submerging the Block Rocker Plus in water.
How do I pair the Block Rocker Plus to my Bluetooth device?
Follow these steps below to pair your Bluetooth device to Block Rocker Plus:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Block Rocker Plus. The speaker will automatically enter pairing mode. If you have previously connected to another Bluetooth device, Block Rocker Plus will reconnect. To disconnect pairing if the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find Block Rocker Plus and connect. The Bluetooth icon will be lit solid when paired. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts you for a pairing code, enter "0000".
- To disconnect pairing, press and release the Bluetooth button.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3.
My Bluetooth device sees Block Rocker Plus but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select Block Rocker Plus and choose "Forget Device". After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
I can't get my microphone to work. What's going on?
Follow the steps below to check if your microphone is working properly:
- Be sure that the RADIO function is off.
- Connect the microphone and turn it on.
- Turn the microphone volume knob up to around the 3 O’clock position.
- Speak clearly into the microphone while slowly turning the master volume up. You should begin to hear your voice through the speaker.
The Master Volume knob controls the output level for all the sources (Radio, Bluetooth, Aux-in, and Microphone).
I get feedback when I use the microphone. How can I prevent this?
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
What is Easy Pairing and NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
Easy Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Block Rocker Plus. More information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here . Basically, NFC allows a device, usually a mobile phone, to collect data from another device or NFC tag at when it is moved into a close range. In many ways, it’s like a contactless payment card that is integrated into a phone. In other ways, it’s similar to Bluetooth, except that instead of programming two devices to work together, they can simply touch to establish a connection.
Is my device Easy Pair capable?
Many popular Android smartphones have this feature, as well as the newest line of iPhones. You may need to refer to your device information, manual, or support to determine if your device is NFC-capable, however here are a couple of links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
What are the battery specifications?
When fully charged, the Block Rocker Plus has an incredible battery life of about 50 hours when used at a low or moderate volume level. battery life may vary based on temperature, age, and volume usage of the speaker.
Can I replace the battery myself?
Yes! The 12V, 4AH lead-acid internal battery can easily be replaced when necessary. The batteries are readily available direct from ION Audio or other online retailers and are even easy to find at your local hardware store. Visit our link below to inquire about obtaining a new battery for your Block Rocker Plus direct from ION Audio.com:
Can I use the USB ports on Block Rocker Plus to play music off of a flash drive or hard drive?
The USB ports on the Block Rocker Plus are used for charging your devices only when the speaker is plugged in and powered on. It will not play audio from a flash drive or hard drive.
I'm using the microphone but can't hear myself over the music. How can I hear myself better?
The master volume of the Block Rocker Plus controls the speaker's main mix volume, which includes your music AND the microphone. If you're experiencing difficulty hearing the microphone signal over your music, try turning the music down from your source device (e.g. your phone or tablet).
Where can I find further technical support?
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.