Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is BFD Oblivion?
- What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
- Can I use this product with BFD 1.x?
- Why does it have these requirements?
- What kind of limitations exist when using this product with BFD Eco?
- What is included?
- What articulations are included?
- How much disk space is used by BFD Oblivion when installed?
- Who is BFD Oblivion recorded by?
- How big is the download?
- Do you allow license transfers?
What is BFD Oblivion?
BFD Oblivion is an expansion pack for FXpansion's BFD3, BFD Eco, and BFD2 software drum instruments. It features a variety of drum sounds geared towards hard rock and metal styles.
What do I need in order to use this expansion pack?
BFD Oblivion requires a registered copy of BFD3, BFD Eco, or BFD2 (BFD2 version 2.1 and later only).
Can I use this product with BFD 1.x?
No - this expansion can only be used with BFD3, BFD Eco, or BFD2 (versions 2.1 or later only). BFD 2.1 is a free update to all registered BFD2 users.
Why does it have these requirements?
BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2.1 (and later versions) are equipped to handle the data format and custom channel layout featured in this expansion; previous versions of BFD2 and BFD 1.x cannot.
What kind of limitations exist when using this product with BFD Eco?
When using this expansion in BFD Eco, limitations apply in terms of the audio channels and articulations that are available (this is one of BFD Eco's limitations, as opposed to the fully-featured BFD3 or BFD2).
BFD Eco is a streamlined instrument based on the BFD2 engine.
What is included?
The following kit and snares are provided in 3 different processed versions:
- Mapex Orion drumkit - 22" kick with 10", 12", and 14" toms
- Mapex Brass Master snare and 13" Brady jarrah snare
The following hihat and cymbals are provided in 2 different processed versions:
- Paiste 2002 Heavy 14" hihat
- Bosphorus 20" China
- Paiste 2002 18" Crash
- Zildjian Z Custom 16" Crash
- Zildjian A Rock 21" Ride
9 kit presets are supplied for BFD3, BFD Eco, and BFD2. Additional bonus full presets and Grooves are also supplied.
What articulations are included?
- Kick: Hit
- Snares: Hit, Rimshot, Rim Click, Side Stick, Half Edge, Drag
- Toms: Hit, Rim Click
- Hihat: Pedal, Closed Shank, Closed Tip, Quarter Shank, Quarter Tip, Half Open Shank, Half Open Tip, Three Quarter - Shank, Three Quarter Tip, Open Shank, Open Tip
- Cymbals: Hit, Bell, Edge
(Not all kit-pieces feature all articulations)
How much disk space is used by BFD Oblivion when installed?
During the BFD Oblivion installer, you are given the option of installing the data for BFD3 only or for BFD2/BFD Eco/BFD3.
- BFD3: 11.7 GB for a full installation (reduced detail options also available)
You should install this version if you intend to use BFD Oblivion in BFD3 only. The data in this version is compressed for use with BFD3 but it will not work in BFD2 or BFD Eco.
- BFD2/BFD Eco/BFD3: 32 GB for a full installation (reduced detail options also available)
You should install this version if you intend to use BFD Oblivion in BFD2 and BFD Eco. The data is uncompressed and will also work in BFD3.
Who is BFD Oblivion recorded by?
BFD Oblivion was recorded and produced in-house at FXpansion by Drew Vernon and Michael Bugh.
How big is the download?
The download size is approximately 7.3 GB, split into 4 files of approx. 1.8 GB.
Do you allow license transfers?
- If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
- There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
- Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.