- Hardware Setup
- Software Setup
- Creating an Instrument Track
- Editing Fader Settings for the Oxygen Pro Mini
Please Note: Before following the steps below, make sure you have the latest version of your Oxygen Pro firmware installed. This can be found in your account after registering your keyboard, or on the product page for your Oxygen Pro.
1. Connect Oxygen Pro to your computer.
2. Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Oxygen Pro keyboard.
Note: On the Oxygen Pro Mini, and Oxygen Pro 25, press the Preset/DAW button when in DAW mode (button lit).
3. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “Logic” and then press the Encoder to select it.
4. Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
5. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and the press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
6. Use the Encoder select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Note: This setting is not available on the Oxygen Pro Mini, so this step can be ignored.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Logic.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
1. In the Logic Pro Toolbar click Logic Pro X and select Control Surfaces, Setup… from the pulldown menu.
2. In the Control Surface Setup window, select New and then select Install…
3. In the Install windows under Manufacturer select “Mackie Designs”, model “HUI”, module “HUI” and select “Add”. Then close out that window.
4. Then in the Control Surface Setup window select Mackie/HUI for the Output Port and Mackie/HUI for the Input Port. Then close out the window.
1. In Logic Pro toolbar, click Track and select New Software Instrument Track.
2. On the new software instrument track press and hold Control and Click the instrument icon and select an instrument.
The default fader settings of the Oxygen Pro Mini can be edited to give greater access to the potential of the keyboard. The steps below show outline how to gain full access of your keyboard's faders.
1. With your Oxygen Pro Mini plugged in, press OPTION+SHIFT+K to pull up the controller assignments menu.
2. Move one of your faders. This will automatically pull up this fader's current control parameters.
3. In the parameter subsection labeled Value, in the field labeled Min/Max, set your Max value to 127. This will allow your fader to control the full level of any particular channel of your Logic project.
This process can be repeated for each fader across each of the four banks, meaning you can have assignable faders for up to 16 tracks on a project!
[Back to top]