1. Connect Hammer 88 Pro to your computer.
2. Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Hammer 88 Pro keyboard.
3. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “P.T.” and then press the Encoder to select it.
Note: The P.T. DAW preset should be used to map the controller to Logic.
4. Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
5. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and the press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
6. Use the Encoder select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Logic.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
1. In the Logic Pro Toolbar click Logic Pro X and select Control Surfaces, Setup… from the pulldown menu.
2. In the Control Surface Setup window, select New and then select Install…
3. In the Install windows under Manufacturer select “Mackie Designs”, model “HUI”, module “HUI” and select “Add”. Then close out that window.
4. Then in the Control Surface Setup window select Mackie/HUI for the Output Port and Mackie/HUI for the Input Port. Then close out the window.
Creating an Instrument Track
1. In Logic Pro toolbar, click Track and select New Software Instrument Track.
2. On the new software instrument track press and hold Control and Click the instrument icon and select an instrument.
3. The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Hammer 88 Pro series keyboard while in Preset mode.