- Connect Hammer 88 Pro to your computer.
- Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Hammer 88 Pro keyboard.
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “Reason” and then press the Encoder to select it.
- Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
- Use the Encoder and select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Reason.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Hammer 88 Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
[Back to top]
- Click Edit and navigate to Preferences….
- Click on the Control Surfaces tab.
- Click Add Manually at the top right of the window.
- Select M-Audio as the manufacturer, and then select Hammer 88 Pro from the Model drop-down menu.
- Select the following:
- In the "USB MIDI" drop-down menu, select Hammer 88 Pro.
- In the "Mackie/HUI" drop-down menu, select MIDIIN3 (Hammer 88 Pro). This may be labeled as Mackie/HUI on a Mac.
- In the "MIDI DIN" drop-down menu, select MIDIIN2 (Hammer 88 Pro). This may be labeled as MIDI DIN on a Mac.
- In the "OUT PORT" drop-down menu, select Hammer 88 Pro.
- Click OK and close the Preferences window
- In Reason, go to the Sequencer window and select “Add Track”
- Then from the pulldown menu select Instruments, and the Instrument you would like to use.
- The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Hammer 88 Pro series keyboard while in DAW mode.